Search This Blog

Friday 19 April 2013

Simple printing with polystyrene sheet
 
Invites are printed!  I began by drawing my design onto some tracing paper in pencil, which I then flipped over and printed onto the polystyrene sheet.  The text on the polystyrene will be backwards, which means that your printed image will be the correct way round. Next go over the design with a pen or pencil so that the design is impressed into the polystyrene.
 
 
Using a child's rolling pin I rolled the paint onto the polystyrene sheet, placed the painted sheet onto the paper, then rolled over that to transfer the image. I have printed it on to sheets of coloured sugar paper, but in my first attempts the writing wasn't clear enough.
 
 
So I enlarged the design, and tried again.  I'm really pleased with the results.
 
 
Tomorrows job will be to cut them out, and put the party details on the back before handing them out to the guests.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment